There are 10paradoxs here. And to analyze this, I am going to use all of you guys’ (my friends) posts abt “the most creative ppl”. We’ll see whether they fit this criterion. I dont know whether I am right but this is gonna be interesting! What a creative way to do an analysis right, pak nggermanto? hohoho 🙂
1. Creative people have a great deal of physical energy, but they’re also often quiet and at rest. Mm this one goes to…. Denis’ pick! Ludwig Van Beethoven! Mmm.. he lost his hearing that made him go depressed. Very quite and not socializing at that time but i think that was when the creativity process took place. that made him explored more into the music. and making melodies isn’t that easy! it is exhausting therefore he must have great deal of physical energy dont u think huh?
2. Creative people tend to be smart yet naive at the same time. Om Bill Gates you belong here. He’s smart yet he stole other people work. And that stolen act is the one that reflect his naiveness. He’s not dumb that he stole other people work, he’s just way too smart to not. Get it?
3. Creative people combine playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility. Definitely belongs to Marc Jacobs. Kenny nominated him as the most creative person. Well, I think being creative means you have to know the right mixture of the yin and yang. And he does it just right. Look at his ads, they all have this same pattern that makes ppl instantly knows that it’s marc jacobs ad. Very consequent (read: discipline) in the outline of the ad. But at the same time, each of the ad has their own unique feature that show the designer’s playful attitude.
4. Creative people alternate between imagination and fantasy, and a rooted sense of reality. This one goes to JK Rowling. Nominated by both of my friends, Aska and Miu. It is undeniable aite? Most of the fantasy writer is well using too much fantasy. But not her. She wrote books about these three young kids. Two of them are muggles or just simply human and do a very normal human thing. But they also got the chance to see the fantasy of magic world where there are these trolls, flying brooms, talking hats, and many more. And she used her imagination to make the quidditch thingy happened in the book. She just knows how to attract people with the plot.
Oh yeah, I think Stephanie Meyers also fit for this category. She did not write the plain blood sucking vampire but a beautiful vampire with emos. Things that we’ve never read before.
5. Creative people trend to be both extroverted and introverted. Nisa put Coco Chanel as one of the most creative persons in the world. Lets analyze! But well I think it is pretty obvious! Look at her designs! She was the first designers that introduced the modern philosophy of fashion to women. Back then, all the girls wore this huge gigantic dress that it is for hard for them to move in it. But then Coco made a breakthrough with menswear insprired fashion! Girls loved it and it became the new sensation! In the same time, she was also introvert. Because in a way, she managed to still make the girls look womanly, chic, feminime and beautiful. She knew that woman is still a woman afterall.
6. Creative people are humble and proud at the same time. We’ll analyze the famous Mr. Trump. Ica Super picked him. Do u guys watch his show The Apprentice? You could see him being humble and proud at the same time. How could you not? He’s showing off his wealth for god’s sake! yet he teaching people on how to be strong in the business. He knows that the mixture of both can be such an interesting concept of TV show and of course will produce some dollars yo! He just knows what people want. Such a creative thought!
7. Creative people, to an extent, escape rigid gender role stereotyping. Mr. Perez Hilton maybe? Gossiping is one of the true talent that women have. But well, he aces it! His way of gossiping is very very fascinating! This proves that creativity is not about the people, it’s about their ability to think outside their mind.
8. Creative people are both rebellious and conservative. Well, the person I am going to use as the example is Madonna. Andina wrote Madonna as one of the most creative public figure in the world! And i have to agree with her! Madonna is undoubtely very very rebellious. Left home at early age, still dressed like a girl in her twenties while her age actually is 50 (am i right?), often do rebellious act (remember her kissing with britney and christina? or maybe her Like a Prayer music video where she was seen with black negro Jesus?). Interestingly, at the same time she also is a very strict conservative mother. Yes, TV is prohibited at their kids’ room. She baptized her kids. And all those mothers’ thingy.
That might be one of her trick to still be on the top of the game. I mean, she can really make ppl wonder, does motherhood change her life dramatically? And well that was the headlines for many magazines at that time. She is creative in making ppl buzzing abt her. Um well, or maybe her management. I dont know.
9. Most creative people are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well. Steve Jobs. Many of you put him as the most creative persons. Who wouldve doubted Jobs’ passion over his work huh? However he is also very objective in seeing his result. Most of the people would be very subjective of their result. They think it’s the best. That’s different from Steve Jobs.
Nih ya I’ll quote from Rafdy “Contohnya setiap generasi baru dalam laptop Macbook Pro penambahan selalu disertai oleh pengurangan spesifikasi yang dianggap kurang menguntungkan oleh Steve. Macbook Pro edisi terbaru di cabut VGA dan ditambah Spesifikasi untuk menambah kecepatan proses loading. Bukti lain bahwa steve jobs suka dengan penambahan dan pengurangan ialah I-Pod yang dulunya memiliki fitur radio pada generasi terbaru di tahun 2008 tidak ada radio’.” Hmm most of the people might deny that their product has weaknesses and try to just live with that. But Steve Jobs, he innovates and he does not shy to delete what needs to be deleted.
“Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
10. Creative people’s openness and sensitivity often exposes them to suffering and pain, yet also to a great deal of enjoyment. This quality belongs to Miss Paris Hilton! Yes ushie, your pick! Actually, I dont know if she’s creative or really dumbass girl. But hell daaaamn maaaaaaan! Yes I think she’s creative… in a way hihi. Let me tell you, she does not have any talents! No no no not at all! But now she’s like this new business mogul in pink. Her openness in letting people watched her in Simple Life exposed her to suffering and pain.
Conclusion: Being creative means you have to be able to use both opposite sides of you effectively. Ah and one thing I learnt, all these people they know what they (and us) really want and able to turn it into reality